Thursday, January 26, 2017

An Eye-opening Experience

At 19 I was still young and vulnerable.

This was also the first time I would be living away from home. Exciting yet terrifying.


My roommate introduced me to her friends which at first I was grateful for, but later felt some backlash.


Promoters.


Pretty much all clubs have them. A club promoter (usually a guy) -  a female club promoter would be surprising yet empowering, so if you're out there - you go girl! Anyways, a club promoter is a guy who brings a group of "attractive" girls to the club. The club pays the promoter and also gives him a table, bottles of alcohol, and table service.


On some nights we would go to fancy restaurants for a free dinner before adventuring out to the club. And who doesn't love free food, amirite? And I'm not talking about some skimpy green leaves because we were models. And "models don't eat".


My favorite place for dinner was an Italian restaurant. I was awe-struck. The music was blaring, the floor was shaking, and the people were dancing on tables! Everyone had drinks in their hands. Wait, is this a restaurant or a club?


The waiters brought out salads, pizzas, pastas, cake, fruit, red wine, white wine, even coffee to stay awake at the club since we were going to be there till 2 am. 3 am. Maybe even 4 am. But the best part of the whole experience were the fried oreos. 


Definitely not a part of my model diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment