Tuesday, April 18, 2017

My Parents Think it's Woodstock

EDC Las Vegas almost killed me.

But it was fun.

An hour 18 hour drive from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Las Vegas, Nevada.

We left around midnight.

I slept for most of the time.

Then it was daylight.

It was my turn to drive.

The car started making funny noises.

The steering wheel was shaking.

I pulled over.

It wouldn't start.

Where even are we.

I tried to start it.

The guys got out and looked under the hood.

They didn't know much about cars, of course.

I had AAA insurance, so I called a tow truck to take us to the nearest town.

I can't even remember the name of the town.

It was so small.

There was literally one restaurant. One auto shop. One hotel.

Where the heck are we.

Our other group of friends were in another car, they were already in Vegas.

They were are only option.

They drove several hours to come get us.

We all piled into this tiny two door car and drove several hours back.

Finally.

We made it.

It's fine. Everything is fine.

We were going to EDC Las Vegas.

A 3 day long music festival from sunset to sunrise.

By the end of it I was crying.

Maybe it was exhaustion.

Maybe the mile-long line of cars we waited in for hours.

Maybe it was doomed from the start.

Don't get me wrong, EDC was a blast.

Let's just hope next time everything goes a little smoother.


















We were Mario and Peach :)

Shout out to this guy photobombing our pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment