Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Real "Lolla" Land

"One that is extraordinarily impressive."

Lollapalooza was my "first" festival.

I had been to EDC in Mexico but I didn't really understand what I was going to (or getting into).

My love for festivals has grown since then. Now they are one of my two happiest places. The beach being first.

I was living in a model apartment in Chicago. 

Thank God it was during the summer and not their subzero winters. Imagine freezing cold temperatures, mountains of snow, all being blown by the wind into your face, no matter which way you're going.

I wish I could have afforded to go to Lollapalooza all 3 days (it was only 3 days at the time). But festival tickets are pretty pricey. Most are at least $200 for general admission, and can go up to like $400-$500. VIP tickets are even more than that, some going up to $2,000. However, at times, VIP tickets can be worth the extra money to have access to clean bathrooms, separate hangout areas, and not having to wait in extremely long lines. 

I bought a one day ticket for Friday from someone who was selling on Facebook.

*A word of advice.... be EXTREMELY careful when buying tickets from any other website or person besides the actual festival website itself. I have been scammed twice. If you can, meet them at the festival office to have their employees make sure the ticket or wristband is legit.*

I chose to go on Friday because this day had the most artists that I wanted to see.

But then I got lucky.

I was riding the train back to my apartment on Sunday morning and found it.

I found a one day Sunday pass to Lollapalooza.

There was no one else around. I felt sorry for the person who lost it, but there was no way I would be able to the owner.

I was so excited. I got to go back to one of the funnest places on Earth.

Lollapalooza is still one of my favorite festivals and I have already been back again.

Chicago just has such a cool vibe. It's still considered the midwest so the people are friendly. 

If you don't believe me, go check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment